Thursday, April 6, 2023

New Three Stooges Book

The Stooges were kind of goofy. But for many who grew up in an earlier time they are very nostalgic. In his new book, Gary Lassin writes about an often overlooked aspect of the comedy group's career - their touring which was pretty gruling, up to some 6 months a year. The book is gorgeous, with over 750 pages and some 1,400 photos. Most from the author's private collection, hundreds having never been published before. Gary talks about the book here.

3 comments:

Janie Junebug said...

I've never been a fan of the Stooges because I don't like physical comedy, but I'm curious about a story that's on Facebook. It says that one of them--Curly, I think--loved dogs and rescued at least one dog in every city he visited. That interested me because I'm a big fan of dogs.

Love,
Janie

Chatty Crone said...

I did like the Three Stooges, my husband loved them. I did kind of feel sorry for Curly - he seemed to take the most abuse. I bet it would be an interesting book to take a look at. Expensive too.

jabblog said...

I've hearf of The Three Stooges but don't think I've ever seen them.